Drop Off and Pick Up:
The school building does not open until 7:30am, (except for Kids’ Adventures, which opens at 6:30am). Students are not allowed to wait in the building until staff is available for supervision at 7:30am. If you drop off before 7:30 students will be waiting outside unsupervised. Please make sure they are dressed for the weather or better yet, check them into Kids’ Adventures.
Here are other things to remember:
- We have free breakfast for all students! Students need to be in their classrooms by 7:50am or they will be considered tardy.
- Please use carline – it’s safe, it’s quick and convenient. Carline is the best option – your child is safe with their classmates and teacher and you don’t have to find parking!
- In order to keep traffic flowing on Evans we ask that you do NOT attempt to take a left or right from Evans on to Dahlia into our carline for afternoon pickup. You may only enter carline from the south, lining up along the curb along Dahlia in front of the school. This is the only time in which you are allowed to stop along Dahlia.
The fence to carline at dismissal will not be open until 3:00pm. Please plan accordingly.
- There is NO parking at all times in the front of the building on Dahlia facing north. There is also NO parking on Warren along the school property at all times.
- No U-turns on any street at any time.
- Please do not drop off your student on Warren Street without properly stopping first.
- If your student is using the Walker Grass, they MUST use the crosswalk at the corner of Dahlia and Warren to get to your vehicle. Please do not encourage them to cross the street illegally. Please be a role model for your child and use the crosswalk yourself.
- Parents who choose to walk their child into the school building through the front doors will not be able to walk past the library at the front hallway. Students will walk to their classrooms without parents. Staff is located throughout the building to make sure students get to their classrooms.
- If your student is not picked up 20 minutes after dismissal, they will be sent to Kids’ Adventures, where you will occur a fee.
- Please respect our neighbors’ property and not park or pick up in their lots. You will be ticketed or towed.
- Please be a role model and be courteous to our neighbors and other drivers.
- NO cell phone use during carline at anytime. As a community we must come together to ensure the safety of all our students.
We appreciate your attention to these important details that will help arrival, dismissal and carline run smoothly and efficiently.