Highline Academy is proud to remain a top middle school in Denver for academic performance. Way to go middle school team!
Why Highline Academy?
- Named one of Metro Denver’s top middle schools by 5280 Magazine 2012
- Named one of Metro Denver’s top elementary schools by 5280 Magazine 2010
- Recipient of Governors Distinguished Improvement award for outstanding academic performance three years in a row
- Emphasis on inclusive excellence, creating academic, personal and civic excellence for all students
- Rigorous, content-rich, academically challenging liberal arts curriculum
- Successful Core Knowledge program, featuring a sequential and integrated approach to learning
- Fluid Performance Grouping in math and literacy in elementary school, and math & language arts in middle school, allowing all students to receive instruction appropriate to their current performance
- Outperform district and state in reading, writing, math at all grade levels on TCAP
- Highly qualified faculty with a 90% retention rate
- A diverse community succeeding academically in a small, safe environment
- Character development, respect for diversity and a sense of responsibility toward community